Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Biodata

Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science in the National University of Singapore, I am an enterprising individual who is persuasive, has strong leadership qualities and a healthy dose of irreverence for conventions. Taking a keen interest in presentation, I have led the marketing team in numerous successful negotiations with corporate sponsors during my stint as the Marketing Director of NUS Sports Club in AY2006/07.

A social person, I see myself as a part of a larger community and feel a need to contribute to it. I participated in the Youth Expedition Project in 2005 to the rural Thai borders where I befriended and taught English to the underprivileged Thai children.

7 comments:

Wen Jie said...

You have done a wonderful job in writing your biodata in a clear and concise manner. It is concrete and credible as you included specific information of each activity and the tasks that was appointed to you in each activity.
I feel that you have already covered quite a lot but you may want to elaborate more on how these activities have helped to improve yourself.

Given your qualities and achievements, I am sure this short biodata is going to impress a lot of school principals. (You want to be a teacher right?)

Have a great weekend!

xue said...

HAHA yeah! Actually some of these qualities were also honed during my School Attachment Programme in June this year... But it is quite difficult to squeeze everything into a hundred words!

daniel said...

Hi Xueli,

Your biodata is a good description of your skills and capabilities. You have substantiated your skills with concrete examples of your past accomplishments.

However, you could mention more about skills pertaining to your course of study.

Sabrina He said...

Hi Xueli,

It will be good to include what you are majoring in. Perhaps it can be more concise so that you can cover more points within the word limit.

Overall, I think that your biodata is impressive. Well done!

Cheers,
Sabrina

grace kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
grace kim said...

Hi Xueli,

What struck me about your biodata is that even though you seem to come across as having quite a strong personality, you also have a soft side to you - your compassion for the less fortunate. That's a good balance to have in an individual!

Anonymous said...

Hey Xueli~!

That's quite an impressive biodata you've written. I know you come across as a sociable person, but not to the extent of extending aid to foreign, less well-off countries!

I foresee you'll make a very fine teacher and will be able to emphatize well with your students! Not to mention you must have a great deal of patience when you tried to teach English to Thai children!

Cheers=)